grub-devel

no login prompt for the serial com port

From: 杜睿哲_Pegatron
Subject: no login prompt for the serial com port
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 10:04:15 +0000

Hi there,

I use grub as coreboot’s payload and successfully get the “grub>” prompt. Then I use following commands try to bring-up my linux kernel:

set isofile="/core-image-minimal-mohonpeak64.iso"

loopback loop (usb0,1)$isofile

linux (loop)/vmlinuz root=/dev/ram0 iso-scan/filename=${isofile} console=tty1 console=ttyS1,115200n8  ramdisk_size=102400

initrd (loop)/initrd

boot

The boot process was successful until the last step and before displaying login prompt, only one blinking cursor left. I expect it was redirected to other serial port but I don’t know how to connect to it. Following is my grub.cfg:

serial --unit=1 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1

terminal_input --append  serial

terminal_output --append serial

#

# Sample GRUB configuration file

#

echo 'Hello world!'

# Boot automatically after 30 secs.

set timeout=30

Is there someone that can help? Thanks.

-Hilbert

This e-mail and its attachment may contain PEGATRON Corp information that is confidential or privileged, and are solely for the use of the individual to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it accidentally, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this email and its attachment. Please be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this email or its attachment is strictly prohibited.