grub-devel

Re: configure options when building from source

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: configure options when building from source
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 21:13:10 +0300

14.05.2017 20:54, Beeblebrox пишет:
> Hello, building Grub from source on FreeBSD with
> ./autogen.sh --disable-efiemu --disable-nls
> ./configure  --disable-efiemu --disable-nls
>
> The resulting config is below
> GRUB2 will be compiled with following components:
> Platform: i386-pc
> With devmapper support: No (need libdevmapper header)
> With memory debugging: No
> With disk cache statistics: No
> With boot time statistics: No
> efiemu runtime: No
> grub-mkfont: Yes
> grub-mount: No (need FUSE library)
> starfield theme: No (No DejaVu found)
> With libzfs support: Yes
> Build-time grub-mkfont: No (no fonts)
> Without unifont (no build-time grub-mkfont)
> With liblzma from -llzma (support for XZ-compressed mips images)
>
> I was unable to find documentation regarding config, so How can I:
>
> * Enable grub-mount, grub-mkfont, unifont ?

grub-mount requires fuse development (as is quite clearly written in
summary). Build time grub-mkfont is disabled because dejavu font was not
found (could be more clear here what is missing).

> All requirements (fuse, dejavu, fonts) are on the system. Is there a flag I
> must use? Most probably the path searched by Grub is different than on Linux.
> Where should I correct those?

in configure.ac

> * For starfield do I need to download a sepaarate repo?

What was not clear in "no DejaVu found"?

> * I install Grub as "gmake install DESTDIR=/usr/local/opt"
> But trying for example "# grub-kbdcomp" I get:
> -> cannot open /usr/local/share/grub/grub-mkconfig_lib: No such file or
> directory

Paths are hardcoded during build. Installing in different directory does
not change them. This is more intended for packaging use.

> * I need to generate mknetdir for pxe with UEFI option as well. Above config
> does not seem to have UEFI capability enabled - am I wrong?

You need to build grub for corresponding platform. You have built it for
i386-pc only.