grub-devel

Re: [coreboot] RFC: Changing CBMEM console to run as a persistent ring-b

From: Julius Werner
Subject: Re: [coreboot] RFC: Changing CBMEM console to run as a persistent ring-buffer
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:48:20 -0700

Did you check that all implementations use unsigned?

Yes, all the ones that I'm now aware of used unsigned, 32-bit.

I am able to build it, I just had to figure out how and install some dependencies. But I tried booting it on an HP Chromebook 14 2013 (falco) and it doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard
Is it PS2 or USB? Is at_keyboard included in the payload?

It's a matrixed laptop keyboard. I believe the embedded controller does 8042 emulation, but I'm not sure honestly. I'm an ARM guy and this was the one old x86 machine I have lying around. I can try USB if I get it to not crash long enough to type something.

 even if it did, it probably wouldn't have a keyboard driver for them either. I assume there's no way to make it run over the UART instead?)
terminal_input serial_com0
terminal_output serial_com0
In etc/grub.cfg

I don't think I have an etc/grub.cfg... is there a way to compile that in instead?

Possibly the problem is that some module hangs. Can you try minimal GRUB without non-essential modules?

How do I do that? Is there some configure flag?

For reference, I did:

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-platform=coreboot
make
make default_payload.elf
<cbfstool default_payload.elf into my coreboot image and flash it>