grub-devel

Please add better line editing

From: gobnat
Subject: Please add better line editing
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:43:14 +1100

Hi

I've had trouble with booting my system recently and have had to edit the
parameters during boot. I have a long boot line (kernel text + 115 chars of
optional params) and getting to the right place (about char 80) is very
tedious. The key repeat seems to be very slow. It also buffers the key repeats.
I release the key and the cursor continues moving for several seconds. I need
to press the arrow key, hold it down and guess when it's going to get where I
want it.

Also nice to have would be ctrl+left/right to navigate one "word" at a time.

Thanks

Brendan