grub-devel

Re: Disable graphics completly

From: Gailu Singh
Subject: Re: Disable graphics completly
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:17:52 +0530

Thanks Daniel.

I do not see video specific modules in the below list (guessing based on the names though, so may be wrong)

./grub-mkstandalone --grub-mkimage=./grub-mkimage -O i386-coreboot -o default_payload.elf --modules='ls ahci pata ehci uhci ohci usb_keyboard usbms part_msdos ext2 fat at_keyboard part_gpt usbserial_usbdebug cbfs' --install-modules='linux search configfile normal cbtime cbls memrw iorw minicmd lsmmap lspci halt reboot hexdump pcidump regexp setpci lsacpi chain test serial multiboot cbmemc linux16 gzio echo help syslinuxcfg xnu affs afs bfs btrfs cbfs cpio cpio_be exfat ext2 fat hfs hfsplus iso9660 jfs minix minix2 minix2_be minix3 minix3_be minix_be newc nilfs2 ntfs odc procfs reiserfs romfs sfs squash4 tar udf ufs1 ufs1_be ufs2 xfs zfs password_pbkdf2 ' --fonts= --themes= --locales= -d grub-core/ /boot/grub/grub.cfg=./coreboot.cfg

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Daniel Kiper <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 02:58:01PM +0530, Gailu Singh wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> We are using coreboot + grub to load Linux. We display splash screen in
> coreboot but this splash screen is wiped out by GRUB. Our requirement is to
> continue same splash screen (loaded by coreboot) on display until Linux
> booting is completed. Grub console/menu is needed on on serial port but not
> on display
>
> Is this possible? If yes how can I achieve it in grub.cfg.

I am not sure but you can try to not load any of video modules
and fiddle with terminal_input and terminal_output commands.

Daniel