grub-devel

Re: Support for TPM measurements on UEFI systems

From: Matthew Garrett
Subject: Re: Support for TPM measurements on UEFI systems
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:33:37 -0800

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
<address@hidden> wrote:
> For policy reasons we can't put any TPM code into GNU project. Can we use
> verifiers framework for this rather than custom hooks? This would allow your
> code to be a single module that can be put into a separate repo rather than
> a complex patch set. Verifiers framework is in separate branch verifiers. I
> didn't look into details of patches. This has to be postponed after release

>From https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

"Therefore, we conclude that the “Trusted Platform Modules” available
for PCs are not dangerous, and there is no reason not to include one
in a computer or support it in system software."

There's no problem including TPM support in GNU projects.