grub-devel

edif / create files from a grub module

From: Jean-Francois Le Breton
Subject: edif / create files from a grub module
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:03:39 +0100

Hello,

    I would like to add some checks and modifications to the Linux command line before booting the OS.
    So I am considering writing a grub module which will modify some grub.cfg parameters according to data retreived somewhere on dedicated hardware.
     I just realized that it was not possible to write files (on EFI partition or EXT4 partition).
     Is there an available patch to allow file modifications ?
     I am using grubx64.efi + my module.

Thanks,

Jean-Francois