grub-devel

Re: Boot Linux through GRUB2 on AMD DB-FT3b-LC

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Boot Linux through GRUB2 on AMD DB-FT3b-LC
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 20:26:49 +0300

02.12.2016 20:06, Grigore Lupescu пишет:
> Restarting the config from scratch in Coreboot and setting Keep Vesa
> framebuffer I am able to enter gfxterm in GRUB2.

I assume "Keep Vesa framebuffer" is coreboot setting?

> So at this point *gfxterm* is selected not *vga_text. *Linux is booting
> without any issue now. Apparently the vga_text mode was the source of all
> problems/limitations.

We still want to fix it. I appreciate if you could try to determine more
closely where the problem happens.

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Grigore Lupescu <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hello Andrei,
>>
>> I managed to improve the status of the *vga_text* mode. So GRUB2 was
>> restarting when reaching the end of the screen. I traced this to the
>> *screen_read_char* which is issued when the *inc_y* == ROWS (this call

I am sorry, I do not understand it. Normally y should never exceed
ROWS-1 (this is the last coordinate). And screen_read_char is called in
a loop where y < ROWS - 1 and so (y + 1) will not exceed ROWS - 1 again.

How is it possible for y to be equal ROWS if you mean that?

>> would break GRUB2). I didn't go even further with the debug though. I just
>> clear the screen and set grub_curr_pos.y to 0 and by using set pager=1 I

Could you please attach your patch?