grub-devel

Re: GRUB stdint.h is "leaky"

From: Bjørn Forsman
Subject: Re: GRUB stdint.h is "leaky"
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:46:39 +0100

On 30 November 2016 at 17:54, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> 30.11.2016 18:42, Bjørn Forsman пишет:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed that grub-core/lib/posix_wrap/stdint.h leaks symbols. It
>> pulls in <sys/types.h>, which in turn pulls in <grub/misc.h>. And that
>> is how we end up with symbols like "grub_printf" from stdint.h.
>
> What exact problem does it cause?

It just feels sloppy. I was purging some dependencies from a source
file and thought I had fixed it all (by only depending on <stdint.h>),
but later found out I had some "grub_printf" in there even though I
didn't pull in any GRUB headers. In other words, it makes writing code
which cares for it's dependencies more error prone.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman