grub-devel

Re: xHCI driver

From: Bjørn Forsman
Subject: Re: xHCI driver
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:37:01 +0100

On 25 November 2016 at 22:39, Daniel Kiper <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Bjorn,
>
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 01:43:21PM +0100, Bjorn Forsman wrote:
>> GPLv2 *only* or "at your option, any later version". I guess if it's
>> GPLv2+ it is compatible with GRUB's GPLv3+, or else not. Correct?
>
> Ohhh... This is difficult. At first please check licenses for source code
> which you are going to use as a base/(source of knowledge) for GRUB xHCI
> driver development and drop me a line. Then I will ask legal guys what
> we should do.

${ipxe_src}/src/drivers/usb/xhci.c indicates GPLv2+ in its file header comment.
But there is this page, http://ipxe.org/licensing, indicating that to
be absolutely sure of the license, I have to run something like "make
bin/808610de.rom.licence". And I don't know which target to build yet,
hence my uncertainty about the license :-)

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman