grub-devel

powerpc-ieee1275 and grub-mkfont dependency

From: Aaro Koskinen
Subject: powerpc-ieee1275 and grub-mkfont dependency
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 00:23:59 +0200

Hi,

When upgrading from 2.00 to 2.02~beta3, I noticed that on powerpc it's
no longer possible to build with --disable-grub-mkfont: ./configure
forces it and complains about missing fontconfig etc.

However, when I delete those checks from the configure script, I'm able
to build and install a working bootloader for my G4 & G5 Macs (with the
same functionality as with 2.00, using either OF console or serial).

So I think those configure checks should be relaxed. I think it's overkill
to require fontconfig etc. stuff just to build a serial console bootloader
for G5 server.

A.