grub-devel

GRUB maintainers meeting - summary

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: GRUB maintainers meeting - summary
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 23:34:15 +0200

Hi all,

We, GRUB maintainers, met in Moscow on October 10th and 11th and discussed
maintenance
related stuff. The most important things which we agreed are listed below.

We are going to release GRUB once per year, around February or March. According
to this the next release, 2.02, is planned in February/March 2017. We will be
applying most of reviewed/acked patches in next month or so.

We are planning our presence at FOSDEM every year. Next year, 2017, we would
like
to discuss GRUB distros needs and other GRUB hot issues. This is the plan. Sadly
we are not sure yet how it will look like in detail because we are still trying
to establish organizational things. Anyway, at least one of us will be present
there in 2017 and you will be able reach us in one way or another.

We are going to hold GRUB maintainers F2F meetings once per year to discuss
major
GRUB maintainership issues.

During last GRUB maintainers meeting we also discussed things related to GRUB
testing,
future development rules and policies, release management, etc. We agreed that
due to
complexity of some issues and our involvement in other projects we will try to
assign
various tasks to different GRUB maintainers and solve problems in steps.

If you have any questions please drop us a line.

GRUB maintainers