grub-devel

Re: New Maintainers and Release Plans?

From: Steve Kenton
Subject: Re: New Maintainers and Release Plans?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 19:13:36 +0000

>>>We're actively working on merging outstanding bug fixes.

>>>We're specifically not adding any new features before release unless there is a very good reason

>>>The features can go into next branch but are not a priority

<snip>

OK, fair enough although I think It could be argued that with MBR fading away due to drives over 2TB and the corresponding increase in the use of GPT labels that something as small and self contained as probe command PARTUUID support might be "a good reason", especially given Grub's long release cycles.

Your call of course,

Steve Kenton