grub-devel

Grub module to return partuuid of a device such as (hd0, gpt1) at boot t

From: Steve Kenton
Subject: Grub module to return partuuid of a device such as (hd0, gpt1) at boot time
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 14:11:42 +0000

As far as I can tell there is no search module that can be used to get the partuuid at boot time given a grub root device such as (hd0,gtp1). I think is would be a useful addition since the resulting partuuid could be passed directly to the kernel as root=PARTUUID=xxx and it does not seem like it should be hard to do. Am I missing something obvious? And, before I jump end the deep end of the pool and try to write it, is anyone else working on something similar?

Not subscribed, please cc me on reply.

Steve Kenton