grub-devel

Re: Patch for German keyboard layout for the at_keyboard input

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Patch for German keyboard layout for the at_keyboard input
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:09:58 +0300

15.05.2016 21:19, fgndevelop пишет:

>  Dear team at grub-devel,
>
>  First of all I would like to thank you for the Grand boot loader, your work
> is very
>  much appreciated.
>
>  Recently I downloaded the current grub-2.02-beta3 and started experimenting
> with it.
>  I am am making use of the luks module in GRUB to provide my clients with
> fully encrypted
>  harddrives. Since my clients are German, and I keep telling them that strong
> passwords
>  should contain special characters, I ended up modifying the default keyboard
> layout
>  for the at_keyboard.c input driver. I provided the diff in
> keylayouts.c.diff, if you want
>  to make use of it. The support for German keys is only partial, since some
> of the German
>  keys are non-ASCII.

Layout in keylayout.c is just default one, because there should be some
default. This command is used to load external layout table, so you can
build German one and provide to your clients. Also GRUB is using Unicode
internally, so it should be possible to use full range.

See grub-mklayout.c and grub-kbdcomp. The only problem is, these
utilities are too heavy Debian oriented. Making them more portable would
be great.