grub-devel

Re: video_checksum.c test failure

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: video_checksum.c test failure
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 07:36:57 +0300

13.07.2016 15:53, Ludovic Courtès пишет:
> Hello!
>
> With 2.02~beta3 we’re experiencing the same test failure as described at
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2013-11/msg00242.html>.
> This is in an environment that contains a bunch of UTF-8 locales and has
> LC_ALL=en_US.utf8, FWIW.
>
> Any idea about what could be missing from our build environment, or
> additional info we could provide to investigate?

It verifies exact content of video memory, which in particular depends
on exact fonts used as source of GRUB fonts (of course there could also
be some locale mismatch). So I am afraid this test can pass only on the
system used to generate this video memory content. I think we simply
should disable this test by default.