grub-devel

GRUB open LUKS with image hdd ESXi. It is possible?

From: Евгений Соболев
Subject: GRUB open LUKS with image hdd ESXi. It is possible?
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:44:02 +0300

Hello.
Prompt please, whether it is possible to do using the grub?
I copied the hdd in the partition command: "dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sda2"
Can grub open /dev/sda2 as a separate device with its partitions and transfer control back. For example how can "kpartx".

The general problem is this: I want to make ESXi on LUKS encrypted partition.
ESXi loader does not support luks-encrypted. So I want to keep installed ESXi on luks encrypted partition. I want to grub opened luks encrypted partition and boot ESXi from there.
ESXi uses multiple partitions for their work.

Tell me, is it possible? If it is possible that for this to be done?

Thank you!