grub-devel

Re: hdparm --security-unlock with password prompt

From: W K
Subject: Re: hdparm --security-unlock with password prompt
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 17:20:39 +0200

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Philippe Kueck <address@hidden> wrote:

here's a patch for unlocking the ATA password from grub command line.

Thanks a lot for replying Philippe.

As mentioned in [1] it does not prompt for a password at boot but enables
the hdparm module to support the security unlock feature.

Ah, right. Well, it's a start.

I'm not really a C developer, so I can't supply a patch for the password prompt, but if we have anyone willing to take the time to add that functionality, that would be fantastic.

Philippe - any chance you'd take that up ?;]

In case anyone asks, the patch is GPL.

I guess that works, right ?

WK