grub-devel

Re: Is objconv a requirement for building Grub?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Is objconv a requirement for building Grub?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:34:23 +0300

That's more in place on grub-devel.

19.04.2016 03:27, Eric Andrew Lewis пишет:
> I'm trying to build a patched version of Grub from source on a Mac. I've
> installed all the requirements in the INSTALL file, but got an error while
> running ./configure
>
> configure: error: objconv not found which is required when building with
> apple compiler

obconv is used when using Apple linker instead of GNU ld (mesage is
misleading here). If you installed all requirements, you should also
have binutils which includes GNU ld and GCC. In this case any reason you
do not use them?

I suppose it is possible to build grub using native Apple cc/ld, in
which case it probably becomes relevant.

> I assume I should install objconv <http://www.agner.org/optimize/#objconv>?
> If so, can we add this to the Requirements list?

Sure, I just wonder if someone can name more specific version requirements.