grub-devel

Re: sparc64 network autoconfiguration

From: Toomas Soome
Subject: Re: sparc64 network autoconfiguration
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:19:13 +0200

> On 18. märts 2016, at 13:25, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Toomas Soome <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> On 18. märts 2016, at 11:54, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Sure, but is content of DHCP ACK available to GRUB (see
>>> grub-core/net/drivers/ieee1275/ofnet.c:grub_ieee1275_net_config_real())
>>> - i.e. can GRUB do autoconfiguration of network interface used to load
>>> it based on information from firmware?
>>>

>> the ack is saved in /chosen-bootreply in forth code. (google
>> /chosen-bootreply openboot does some hints in openboot source in
>> coreboot.org).
>>

> We are currently looking for the following properties on /chosen/bootpath
>
> bootp_response_properties[] =
>  {
>    { .name = "bootp-response", .offset = 0},
>    { .name = "dhcp-response", .offset = 0},
>    { .name = "bootpreply-packet", .offset = 0x2a},
>  };
>

> As I understand this does not cover sparc, it need additional code to
> parse different node, right?

To be sure one really has to just verify what/how different it is. The thing
is, much of the code around is based on opensourced T1/T2 sources and obviously
have started to live life of its own but the core logic should be similar
still. Also the T2 sources are still downloadable, even as searching out the
actual download link may be a bit of the issue.

rgds,
toomas