grub-devel

Re: multiboot2 structs and packed attribute

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: multiboot2 structs and packed attribute
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 20:42:38 +0000

Le lun. 7 mars 2016 14:35, Daniel Kiper <address@hidden> a écrit :
Hi,

Does anybody know why only multiboot2 multiboot_mmap_entry struct
has packed attribute? Is it by design or by mistake? I think that
we should use packed attribute for every multiboot2 protocol related
struct. If not then we should probably remove this attribute from
multiboot_mmap_entry struct too. What do you think about that?
We put packed only when it changes relative offsets of members or size of the structure. Is it the case for structures you have in mind?

Daniel