grub-devel

Where in GRUB2 source code is the handover/jump to kernel code on x86?

From: deffo
Subject: Where in GRUB2 source code is the handover/jump to kernel code on x86?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 14:49:45 +0200

I'm looking for the line of code where GRUB2 finally jumps to kernel code and thus hands over execution on x86 systems? I guess it's in an assembler file since this is very low architecture stuff. I looked at the source files in /grub-core/boot/i386/pc/*.S and found a JMP in boot.S at line 455 but kernel_address could be the address of the GRUB2 kernel in memory and not the linux kernel.

Thanks in advance!