grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Support menuentry options in simple configuration interface

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: [RFC] Support menuentry options in simple configuration interface
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 10:39:06 +0300

В Tue, 26 May 2015 15:53:14 +0800
Michael Chang <address@hidden> пишет:

> This patch provides settings in simple configuration interface that can set
> common options to menuentry. One of the use cases is specifying the security
> settings thus it won't be overwritten by grub-mkconfig. For eg.
>
> GRUB_MENU_ENTRY_OPTION_LINUX="--unrestricted"
> GRUB_MENU_ENTRY_OPTION_OSPROBER="--users user1"

I'm not sure. I actually feel like configurations that need detailed
per user authorizations simply do not fit into simplistic
grub-mkconfig. Next someone will miss per-menuentry user list.

Most common request is really to allow menu boot while restricting
command line, so I think that adding support for this to grub-mkconfig
would be fine. Otherwise something more detailed should really be left
to distribution specific tools or manual creation of grub.cfg.