grub-devel

Re: grub-mkrescue problems in argp_parse

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: grub-mkrescue problems in argp_parse
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 20:19:38 +0300

В Thu, 07 May 2015 16:40:29 +0200
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> пишет:

> > Used in old mkisofs.
> > "Do not add trailing dot to ISO file names without dot."
> > An alias is available: -omit-period
> >
> Or user can use --d
> >> In future we can make a rule to add only options starting with --.
> >
> > This will not really create clarity because i already added
> > options with "--" to -as mkisofs. Mainly to get out of
> > the way of future mkisofs extensions. The current option
> > set of xorriso -as mkisofs is strictly irregular.
> >
> In retrospect we should have put a --grub-<grub_option> there. But OTOH
> --grub- makes options that longer. For rarely used options it's not a
> problem though. Can we have --grub* space?

util/grub-mkrescue.c: In function ‘main’:
util/grub-mkrescue.c:455:27: error: assignment discards ‘const’ qualifier from
pointer target type [-Werror]
    argp_argv[argp_argc++] = "--output";
                           ^

Folks, I really suggest to bite the bullet and switch to argp. There is
nothing wrong in changing syntax once in a lifetime; moreover, I expect
that most users who actually care already adapted to new syntax - we
have it for one and half year. So you just introduced yet another
incompatibility without really fixing anything.