grub-devel

Re: grub-mkrescue problems in argp_parse

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: grub-mkrescue problems in argp_parse
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:05:04 +0200

On 24.04.2015 18:31, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Vladimir wrote:
>> In all I kinda like
>> that grub-mkrescue would be drop-in replacement for xorrisofs/mkisofs
>> with additional boot semantics. Unfortunately it requires additional
>> discipline of avoiding option clashes like this one.
>
> You would have to reserve option names within xorriso's
> command set and its -as mkisofs option set. I would then
> avoid to give them a meaning in those sets.
> You would also have to resolve the old collision -v.

-v collision is fixed.
We need for compatibility:
-o
-?
-d
-k
--output
--rom-directory
--xorriso
--grub-glue-efi
--grub-render-label
--label-font
--label-color
--label-bgcolor
--product-name
--product-version
--sparc-boot
--arcs-boot
--modules
--install-modules
--themes
--fonts
--locales
--compress
--core-compress
--directory
--override-directory
--locale-directory
--themes-directory
--grub-mkimage
--pubkey
--verbose

Are any of those a problem? In future we can make a rule to add only
options starting with --. We can add a test to ensure this. Do we need
any other requirements to avoid clashes?

> There are further incompatibilities between old and new
> grub-mkrescue by the not yet implemented old options
>   --modules
>   --grub-mkimage
>   --override-directory
> Will they be re-introduced ? (Should they ? What did they do ?)

They're there. If you have data suggesting otherwise, please detail it