grub-devel

Re: Image scaling performance

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Image scaling performance
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:56:55 +0100

On 25.02.2015 19:46, Michael Zimmermann wrote:
oh ok so linux's div/mod/... assembler is as slow/fast as grub's code?
Linux uses armv5>= ifdefs. Maybe we could optimized things a little :)
About scale_nn,
amarullz(https://plus.google.com/u/0/+AhmadAmarullah/about) wrote a
optimized version without divs:
loops: http://pastebin.com/MaZqWSA9
memcpy: http://pastebin.com/iNq0V5Tw

Please try my patch (reattached here after minor fixes). The patch by anonymous source, sent by third-party through pastebin isn't acceptable from legal perspective
this code works a little faster. I'm still questioning the efficiency
math operations because on slow devices there are other bottlenecks of
the same kind(like de/compression).

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:41 PM, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko