grub-devel

Re: configure.ac: Always add -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: configure.ac: Always add -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:50:50 +0300

В Mon, 26 Jan 2015 18:12:19 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> пишет:

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>

> >> We already have them unconditionally in config.h. This is confusing;
> >> may be remove them from this file. OTOH we have AC_LARGEFILES that is
> >> expected to figure out proper options (although I believe for now
> >> there is just one system that needs it).
> >>
> > Do you mean AC_SYS_LARGEFILE ? Does it actually work?
>
> It apparently works for other projects ...
>

> >             How exactly does
> > it make its way to HOST_CPPFLAGS?
>
> It does not, that is my point.

Sorry, was wrong. It makes it way via config-util.h

AC_CONFIG_HEADER([config-util.h])

and

/* Number of bits in a file offset, on hosts where this is settable. */
/* #undef _FILE_OFFSET_BITS */

/* Define for large files, on AIX-style hosts. */
/* #undef _LARGE_FILES */

I'm on 64 bit Linux so do not need any of these to enable large files.
So your patch seems to be redundant and I'd consider removing them from
config.h as well after release.