grub-devel

Implementing ATA unlock in Grub hdparm

From: Guillermo Amaral
Subject: Implementing ATA unlock in Grub hdparm
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 11:17:01 -0800

Hi guys,

I've got some free time on my hands and I was thinking of adding ATA
unlock support in grub's hdparm implementation.

I wanted to see if somebody was actively working on this, or if somebody
would be opposed to it being implemented.

My main reason for wanting this feature is to give unlock support to
systems that don't support it through the BIOS. My laptop for example
(an HP DV7-somethingorother) has no such support, so I'm forced to use a
custom initrd to unlock and freeze my drives.

Cheers,

gamaral
http://guillermoamaral.com/
http://about.me/gamaral