grub-devel

Re: Autopilot, a module for remotely doing things

From: Brugnara Daniele
Subject: Re: Autopilot, a module for remotely doing things
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 17:00:31 +0000

I've tried a lot without success. There's no documentation about (http) in exception for a little entry in this documentation (https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Device-syntax.html) where is said about it but no details on how to mount or use this "device".

What I have also tried is:

insmod net
insmod http

net_ls_addr (gives no results)

and any of this commands gives no results (http server is never called, I'm sure about this)
source (http,http://192.168.1.70:1273)/
source (http:http://192.168.1.70:1273)/
source (http,192.168.1.70,1273)/
source (http:192.168.1.70:1273:/)
[...]

Am I missing something? The lack of documentation doesn't help on this. Many thanks for your time.

On Wed Dec 03 2014 at 9:31:34 AM Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Brugnara Daniele <address@hidden> wrote:
> This seems a very nice feature but I'm unable to make it work. I'm having
> this error:
>
> address@hidden:/home/vrut/dev/grub# update-grub
> /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 34: /etc/default/grub: source: not found

source is grub command that should be executed at run time. If you
want to use grub-mkconfig to add this command, see
/etc/grub.d/40_custom