grub-devel

Re: Autopilot, a module for remotely doing things

From: Brugnara Daniele
Subject: Re: Autopilot, a module for remotely doing things
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 08:18:28 +0000

This seems a very nice feature but I'm unable to make it work. I'm having this error:

address@hidden:/home/vrut/dev/grub# update-grub
/usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig: 34: /etc/default/grub: source: not found

Am I missing something?

On Wed Dec 03 2014 at 8:42:36 AM Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Brugnara Daniele <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here I am again.. I'm studying grub code and thinking about this feature we
> are talking about.
> A funny name could be "autopilot". I'm thinking this about a big container
> where to put more than a "pilot".

> Each pilot will do the very same thing: receive/read a small cfg file and
> GRUB will do what it must to do.

This does not need any module.

source (http,server-or-IP)/extra.cfg

enclose in "set check_signatures=enforce; ...; set check_signatures="
to ensure file verification.