grub-devel

Re: HTTP with other ports

From: Alan Perry
Subject: Re: HTTP with other ports
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:27:00 -0800

On 11/19/14, 9:09 AM, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
В Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:54:24 -0800
Alan Perry <address@hidden> пишет:

Has anyone come up with a general way to change the port number in the http
module? Right now it is hard coded to be 80, but it is very common to do HTTP
over another port number.

I was thinking about extending the device name syntax for network devices
Does protocol,server:port conflict with anything? (http,server:1234)/foo

I separated the server from the port with a comma because that is how the protocol is separated from server. I don't think either syntax conflicts with anything else, but I haven't been working with enough different parts of GRUB2 to really know.

In my previous note, I mentioned a command for setting the default server, but I was really talking about the net_default_server env variable. Thinking about it, an alternate default port doesn't make sense because you really need to know its protocol as well. Maybe a default protocol or protocol/port env variable that includes both allows the alternate port for the protocol to be specified?

alan

and/or adding a 'default port' (with a command to set it) to go with
default server. I did an implementation that works for my needs but
don't think it is a good general purpose implementation.
Has anyone else done work here or have ideas for using alternate port numbers
with HTTP?

alan