grub-devel

mips-arc build failure on xz_decompress.img

From: Colin Watson
Subject: mips-arc build failure on xz_decompress.img
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 23:29:08 +0100

I tried to enable the mips-arc platform in Debian.  When test-building,
I first ran into a GCC uninitialised warning (promoted to an error by
-Werror), which I fixed in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=grub.git;a=commitdiff;h=1de3a48098053aaebd35232bd73e3ce3f3fdf51c.
Following that, I get:

  if test x0 = x1; then   ../grub-macho2img xz_decompress.image
xz_decompress.img; else   objcopy  -O binary  --strip-unneeded -R .note -R
.comment -R .note.gnu.build-id -R .reginfo -R .rel.dyn -R
.note.gnu.gold-version xz_decompress.image xz_decompress.img; fi
  BFD: Warning: Writing section `.text' to huge (ie negative) file offset
0x87cfff48.
  BFD: Warning: Writing section `.rodata' to huge (ie negative) file offset
0x87d027b8.
  BFD: Warning: Writing section `.data.rel.ro' to huge (ie negative) file
offset 0x87d02834.
  BFD: Warning: Writing section `.data' to huge (ie negative) file offset
0x87d02898.
  BFD: Warning: Writing section `.got' to huge (ie negative) file offset
0x87d028a8.
  objcopy:xz_decompress.img[.text]: File truncated
  Makefile:41738: recipe for target 'xz_decompress.img' failed
  make[5]: *** [xz_decompress.img] Error 1

Any idea what's going on here?  Let me know if I need to provide more
information.

Thanks,