grub-devel

Re: Two grub problems on FreeBSD

From: Beeblebrox
Subject: Re: Two grub problems on FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:45:06 +0300

> So please try to bisect grub to find which commit broke it. The last
> commit related to zfs was Wed Dec 18 23:39:49 2013 so it must be
> something else (or something changed in your environment - compiler,
> linker ...)

That's not the issue - the commit that "broke it" was a zpool upgrade some 3-4
moths ago. Since then, there has been a second zpool upgrade as well. This
means the grub code is two versions behind the latest zfs version on FreeBSD's
head.

It's not grub code that broke, it's zfs code that moved ahead... grub-probe
could no longer detect the fs after my upgrade of the zpool.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS