grub-devel

Re: Booting FreeBSD 10 from grub on Solaris 11.1 (grub 1.99)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Booting FreeBSD 10 from grub on Solaris 11.1 (grub 1.99)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 14:55:02 -0700

Hi,

  If you can try this from qemu, you can get down to the machine level to
figure out what's going wrong.  Booting FreeBSD is something we never really
tested unfortunately but if there are issues that perhaps existed in the trunk
at the point we forked grub for Solaris, we might need to add some patches. If
you can help to figure out which those are, I'll get those integrated.  Sorry
about the inconvenience!

  Thanks,
  --S