grub-devel

Re: PXE boot over NFS please

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: PXE boot over NFS please
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 11:24:32 +0400

В Sat, 7 Jun 2014 09:15:51 +0300
Beeblebrox <address@hidden> пишет:

> > Did you try pxechainloader instead? It should leave working PXE
> > environment.
> >

> Ah, very interesting. I have that file in the grub folder, but how / where
> is it invoked from? dhcp.conf has:
> {next-server 192.168.2.1;
> filename "grub/i386-pc/core.0";}
> You are NOT suggesting modification to this I presume?
>
> Therefore I should place it in grub.cfg? The below example did not work
> either unfortunately. It gets to the BTX loader but no PXE devices are
> available (same as before)
> menuentry 'FreeBSD amd64' --class freebsd --class bsd --class os {
> insmod pxe

It should already be present in a grub core image built for PXE.

> insmod pxechainloader

This by itself does nothing; pxechainloader is a command. This is
mostly the same as using chainloader but keeping PXE stack alive.

> kfreebsd loader
> kfreebsd_loadenv device.hints    }

What I mean, use "pxechainloader /your/freebsd/PXE-aware/bootloader".
Probably "pxechainloader ${path_to}/boot/pxeboot". I do not know how
*BSD bootloaders work, sorry.