grub-devel

net.c FINI & tftp stall threshold

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: net.c FINI & tftp stall threshold
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 12:00:16 -0700

Hi,

  Is there any reason that only the following two variables’ hooks are removed
at FINI time (what about the others in INIT?):

1764   grub_register_variable_hook ("net_default_server", 0, 0);
1765   grub_register_variable_hook ("pxe_default_server", 0, 0);

Also, why was the tftp stall threshold lowered to 50 (I know, it’s been that
way for a while).  I ask because there is a noticeable performance impact to
that smaller number for larger files (especially when running on machines with
a lot of memory, that’s artificially low)?

 Thanks,
 —S