grub-devel

Re: Unable to run grub-mkrescue powerpc ISO in QEMU

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Unable to run grub-mkrescue powerpc ISO in QEMU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 20:39:56 +0400

В Sun, 06 Apr 2014 11:59:52 +0200
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> пишет:

> On 06.04.2014 06:24, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> > Using "qemu-system-ppc -cdrom /tmp/grub2-ppc.iso -boot d
> > -nographic" (-nographic just to capture output) I get
> >
> CNR with either upstream or phcoder/no-libgcc. Do you put anything in
> grub.cfg?

grub.cfg is empty. Not sure what exactly changed but using QEMU 2.0 +
current no-libgcc tip + whatever was changed in build system I now get
grub prompt but it fails to access devices. Looks like something is
missing in OBP? Could you show your command line you use to start grub?

address@hidden:~> qemu-system-ppc -cdrom /tmp/grub2-ppc.iso -boot d -hda
/datastore/kvm/btrfs/hda.img -nographic
Warning: default mac address being used, creating potential for address conflict

>> OpenBIOS 1.1 [Mar 10 2014 08:42]
>> Configuration device id QEMU version 1 machine id 2
>> CPUs: 1
>> Memory: 128M
>> UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
>> CPU type PowerPC,750
Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.1 built on Mar 10 2014 08:42
Trying cd:,\\:tbxi...
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
call-method color!: exception -21
>> call-method color! failed with error ffffffdf
Welcome to GRUB!

call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf

                          GNU GRUB  version 2.02~beta2

   Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB
   lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible
   device or file completions.

grub> insmod disk
call-mlshod block-size: exception -21
call-method block-size: exception -21 error ffffffdf
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
(ieee1275/ide0) call-method block-size: exception -21
(ieee1275//address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden)
call-method block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf
(ieee1275/
/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden/address@hidden) call-method
block-size: exception -21
>> call-method block-size failed with error ffffffdf

grub>