grub-devel

Re: How to deal with fatal device seeks?

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: How to deal with fatal device seeks?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:40:45 +0100

I have digged the git log for partition related commits just in case you might think that they have something to do with my problem

(From 2.00 release to current head on master branch).

I have tried to filter them. So I have removed the ones related with strange table partitions or emulation code.

Here there are the commits:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=e88f0420b90c2565637962754cc26fa8a4ed9256
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=4bad23a15fc129218f611f51dcb268c246b207f1
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=25fc51a87929262c1cc132bc29cc083ce98f0e0e
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=df6da5a52dc2ec424203c0f8001903435b177fa8
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=b7b78edb1ca05f30dd07ebed4bcb3d5a39aa5358
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=258f43b7d7bf4b03799b6cd3004b5372e082d01b
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/commit/?id=86d08fdb18b0142c1ce1b95db1aae989502956c5

Just hope that you, that deal with GRUB source code every day, can find what might be the faulty commit so that I can test that the special commit source code and reproduce it (or not to reproduce it).

Thank you for any idea!

adrian15