grub-devel

pxe-nfs-loop-iso syntax in grub.cfg

From: rsb
Subject: pxe-nfs-loop-iso syntax in grub.cfg
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 20:53:05 +0200

How do you pass a pxe-nfs-loop-iso syntax in grub.cfg? I'm trying to boot iso file (loopback) over pxe. I get far as the grub.cfg menu, but the entry below aborts with "no loop disk".  "grub-cli> ls" shows nothing (no pxe listing).

insmod loopback
insmod  gzio
insmod  iso9660
menuentry 'Lubuntu 13.04' {
set root='pxe'
set isofile="path/file"
loopback loop (pxe)$isofile
linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=$isofile
initrd (loop)/casper/initrd.lz     }

I also think that above entry would be sending the file over tftp and not nfs. An alternative menu entry for example that I came accross:
* linux  (pxe)/gentoo32/mnt/isolinux/gentoo loop=/image.squashfs root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs nfsroot=<IP>:/dist/gentoo32/mnt cdroot=1 real_root=/dev/nfs