grub-devel

Drive not always detected with coreboot and GRUB 2 payload

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: Drive not always detected with coreboot and GRUB 2 payload
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:45:58 +0100

Dear GRUB folks,

using the Asus M2V-MX SE with coreboot and GRUB 2 as payload, sometimes
the attached hard drive is not detected. I was not able to figure out
what the reason is, I just know that I did not experience that problem
using SeaBIOS as a payload.

The drive is connecting using the SATA interface but the board does not
support AHCI.

On the GRUB command line interface, entering `ls` the drive is not
shown.

Please find the coreboot log of a boot where the drive was not detected
attached.

Thanks,

Paul