grub-devel

call a function located in one module from another module

From: Vijayakumar Venganti
Subject: call a function located in one module from another module
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:53:17 +0530

Dear Friends,

I wanted to do some verification of bzImage before it is being loaded with grub_cmd_linux() from /loader/i386/linux.c.

As a first step:
I have added a new module(Say abc.mod) into grub-core which does the verification of bzImage(bzImage path is hardcoded in my abc.mod as /boot/bzImage).And it works fine if i do below steps
> insmod abc.mod
> abc.mod

Now i wanted to call the verification function located in abc.mod before loading the kernel  so that it do the verification automatically during boot procedure.. But i could not able to call the verification function from grub_cmd_linx()

So,I wanted to know
1. how to call a function  located in one module from another module.
2. If i want to pass bzImage path as a formal argument (which is received as argv[0] to linux command) when calling the verification function what are the changes needed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Vijay