grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Allow separate boot block and core.img location?

From: joe faith
Subject: Re: [RFC] Allow separate boot block and core.img location?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 07:01:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----

From: Chris Murphy

Sent: 01/16/14 11:55 PM

To: The development of GNU GRUB

I must be having a problem counting:

1. GRUB
2. unencrypted "boot" for Windows/Truecrypt
3. Truecrypt encrypted "primary" for Windows
4. extended

Chris Murphy

Everyone else may not necessaily have the same requirements as you.

Some of us might want to have a separate partition for data or even additional OSs.

Also, I think I mentioned earlier that TrueCrypt FDE doesn't allow extended/logical partitions (with XP).

How about:

1. Unencrypted boot

2. Windows XP (truecrypt)

3. Windows 7 (truecrypt)