grub-devel

rijndael.c warning (was Re: grub-2.02~beta1 happened)

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: rijndael.c warning (was Re: grub-2.02~beta1 happened)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:39:12 +0100

On 19.12.2013 06:43, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
>> Hello, all. I've just uploaded 2.02~beta1. This also means that we're
>> now in freeze. I'm willing to consider exceptions on case-by-case basis
>> but it would be exceptions. The major points to do before release:
>> - ARM64 loader.
>> - Yeeloong 3A support needs some love.
>> - XEN would probably need config adjustments.
>> - XNU loader needs fixes.
>> - NEWS needs contents.
>> - Documentation.
>> - Loads and loads of testing and some bugfixes.
>
> There are a few warnings for rijndael.c with gcc 4.8.2.  A couple of
> them are pretty trivial.  Others probably should be turned off with
> -Wno-strict-aliasing.  Do you want a patch?

This file is managed by libgcrypt. Could you take issue with them? I'm
fine with backporting patches from libgcrypt but it's better not to have
own patches for libgcrypt (Debian fiasco, remember?)
> If so, is the following acceptable?
>
> #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wstrict-aliasing"

This would break gcc < 4.4 and we officially support from gcc 4.1,
unofficially 3.1 requires only a small patch to skip long double in
gnulib and few warning options.