grub-devel

Re: Using librsvg for adding svg support

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Using librsvg for adding svg support
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:31:35 +0100

No floats or doubles are present in GRUB. Half of our platforms have no standard fp unit. Other half don't enable it on boot. msoft-float would pull in too many libraries. The only possibility is to have some fixed point type instead. Since C has no operator overload this would require either heavy preparse or librsvg rewrite. Both are too expensive in maintenance cost for almost no benefit. Using C++ for some modules is possible if relevant libraries can be used in sane cross-platform way outside of kernel. This can depend heavily on how platform independent libstdc++ is. Given trouble we got from libgcc I'm reluctant linking eith another library. Idk if C++ can be used without libstdc++