grub-devel

Re: [grub-devel] loongson-2f mini-pc (fuloong) elf image generation.

From: Aleš Nesrsta
Subject: Re: [grub-devel] loongson-2f mini-pc (fuloong) elf image generation.
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:18:48 +0100

Hi Javier,

I went through this e-mail thread and I noted one possibly interesting
thing:

You sent debug output file ttyUSB0_new.txt at 27.10.2013.
There is one very interesting part: the begin of this file - there are
these lines:
"
Now booting the Boot with GNU GRUB2

0x801ffb60/296284  +

Entry address is 801ffb60

Boot with parameters: console=tty no_auto_cmd
..."

followed by dump of CPU registers.

This text is not part of GRUB debug output - it is probably console or
debug output of pmon which you are using to load GRUB.

It is interesting that this serial output is probably working also in
time when GRUB is loaded and executed - I have such feeling from the lines
"
Welcome to GRUB!

error: variable `prefix' isn't set.

error: serial port `com0' isn't found.

error: terminal `console' isn't found.
"

which probably mean that the GRUB serial driver is not properly loaded
and working - but output to serial line was still working!

So, I have maybe very stupid idea - try please:
- keep the modification in misc.c suggested by Vladimir
- modify your grub.cfg in this way:
### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/00_header ###
#serial
#terminal_output console serial
debug=all
insmod ehci
insmod ohci
insmod usb_keyboard
ls
i.e. disable the GRUB serial driver and console redirection.

What will be serial debug output in this case?

BR,
Ales