grub-devel

Re: PPC build failure with undefined symbols __ashldi3, _restgpr_14_x, .

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: PPC build failure with undefined symbols __ashldi3, _restgpr_14_x, ...
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:53:57 +0400

В Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:41:51 +0100
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> пишет:

> > Actually removing explicit TARGET_LDFLAGS=-static in grub2.spec fixed
> > it. I now wonder why it was added in the first place.
> >
> -static shouldn't create problems. Adding -nostdlib like I proposed
> should solve the problem.

-static does cause problem at least with current packaging here. I
prefer to remove flags that apparently are not needed than add yet
another build requires which at the end will have the same result
(more BR - longer build time, increased load).

Thank you for helping to find root cause for the issue!