grub-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged

From: M A Young
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:27:23 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

On 13.11.2013 20:06, M A Young wrote:
It doesn't seem to understand sub-partitions. I can get it to work if
the boot files are in /dev/xvda but not in /dev/xvda1 .

insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt

Right, if I add those to the embedded grub.cfg file I get to the standard grub menu and the boot starts. However the boot doesn't get very far - it loads the kernel and the initrd file and starts the kernel but the kernel doesn't see the virtual disks so it doesn't get very far.

        Michael Young