grub-devel

Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged

From: Ian Campbell
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:10:32 +0000

On Sat, 2013-11-09 at 21:52 +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> Hello, all. pvgrub2 has just became part of upstream grub as ports i386-xen
> and x86_64-xen.

This is super cool, thanks!

> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git
>
> Documentation on its usage is missing for now but in short:
> ARCH=x86_64
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --target=$ARCH --with-platform=xen

Does this enable Xen statically for the resulting binaries or is it a
dynamic/boot time selection between Xen and native?

Also, does this require any code from Xen (libxc, minios etc) at build
time or is it completely standalone?

(I'm asking because I'm thinking "how to enable this in distro
packaging"...)

Ian.