grub-devel

GIT workflow

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: GIT workflow
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 18:01:53 +0100

Hello, all. We've switched to git some time ago, now we should have some
kind of workflow documents. In particular I think of following points:
- Developpers with commit access can create branches as they see fit as
long as it's prefixed by their name and they don't do sth nasty like
storing binary or unrelated files.
- When committing bigger work should we merge or squash? I think that
squash should be possible if developper desires. Is there any reason to
use merges?
- Which commits should we sign? All? Some? Official releases?