grub-devel

[ARM, IA64] Division on arm and ia64

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: [ARM, IA64] Division on arm and ia64
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:48:52 +0100

Hello, all. ARM and ia64 apparently don't generically have opcode to
make division of pointer-sized integers. Alpha has the same property but
alpha port is in very sorry state anyway so it doesn't matter anyway.
Looking at libgcc code at functions at question, I see that they use
algorithm very similar to what we have in divmod64. IA64 version uses
FPU which probably worked more by luck since we don't do proper FPU
setup on any platform. Alpha version also uses FPU and probably doesn't
work. In my alpha port I redirected all division functions to
grub_divmod64. What do you think about attached patch?